Thursday, July 7, 2011

Alone in Paradise

Everyone was back to work on July 5th except ...me! Yeah, I had two lovely days exploring the island by bike, sitting on the beach, sleeping in each of the villa's bedrooms and reading my nook from each of the kitchen island chairs.
My corner unit living room:

Lots of wildlife. Most were too fast for me to stop and take a picture.Some were a little more used to humans.

There were many alligators, but no need to sun on the banks of the ponds with 90 degree plus temps and 100% humidity. So the gator sightings were restricted to the tops of heads in the water, baby gators in the Night Heron Park Nature Center, and this fellow (who looks a little ill - his color is so grey).

The temperatures and humidity made this old lady ride only in the mornings and in the evenings. Still, I rode as much as possible, going through several t-shirts. I even climbed the marsh tower to take pictures.
Landside view:
Tower view:

It was great while it lasted, but back to reality- you know the reality where I have to go to work,live in a little house a half mile from the water, and the closest I've ever been is 8 rows (and a line of security guards) from Keith Urban.

No comments:

Post a Comment